Thursday, 19 December 2013

2013 Top 20: 17- I kiss you,I miss you,for you I adore

Unnur Birna Björnsdóttir- Cobwebs My countdown,my rules,remember? So with that in mind,my 17th best song from 2013 is 2009's Söngvakeppni Sjónvarpsins entry,Cobwebs.It was also in Eurovicious' Almost Eurovision 2009 compilation,hence the reason why I heard it for the first time this year.I'm a connoisseur of sad love songs,and this one ticks all my boxes! I think "wistful" is probably the word to describe it.She doesn't sound so heartbroken as nostalgic.And the lines "I kiss you,I miss you,for you I adore/ I love you,I leave you,I'll see you no more" are some of my favourite lyrics that I've heard this year.That,combined with the wonderfully Nordic-indie sounding strings make for a brilliant song.Something about the rhythm reminds me of the sea too,which made this the perfect song to walk along the Limfjord to on four grey evenings in Aalborg back in June.
2009 Iceland - Unnur Birna Björnsdóttir (SF 4) by Galiza

No comments: